Wednesday, May 7, 2008

THE PURPOSE OF LIFE

Have you ever thought about the purpose of your life? Why you are here?

Even if you have not, let us contemplate on this most important issue today.

The purpose of life is to realize the Self. The Truth is that all of us are divine in our most intimate nature. We are all Eternal. How do I know that? Well, I know because I know. I have had tangible experiences of this Truth. I have seen what is there on the other side of the wall and I can show you also. You may ask me, how? Well, my path is through detachment from the conditionings or the illusions that plague the mind.

There is one necessary condition to realize the Self: Stillness of the mind. This is achieved with right understanding. When you understand that the snake you were seeing in the rope never existed, your fear disappears immediately. When you understand that the world – even your world – is just a superimposition of names and forms upon the Self, which is the only substance existing, you will start seeing things in a new light. When you understand that there is never any possibility of lasting happiness coming from the world, why would you keep chasing it?

Does it have to do it with your life also? Well, can there be anything more important and urgent than this task for anybody?

No comments: